Leg Conditions and Treatment Options
Vascular conditions of the legs occur when arteries become narrowed or blocked, resulting in poor blood flow. As with other arterial conditions, plaque build-up from high cholesterol, high blood pressure and lifestyle habits such as smoking contribute to narrowing of the arteries.
Consider the following vascular leg conditions:
- Leg blood clots (deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and post-thrombotic syndrome)
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD) and claudication
- Varicose veins (spider veins)
- Acute limb ischaemia
Treatment options for vascular leg conditions are below:
- Peripheral artery bypass surgery
- Femoral-tibial bypass surgery
- Femoropopliteal bypass surgery
- Laser atherectomy
- Open leg bypass surgery
As an experienced general, vascular and endovascular surgeon in New York City, Dr. Alan I. Benvenisty, MD values non-invasive means of vascular diagnosis and treatment of a variety of vascular conditions and diseases. Committed to the philosophy of treating patients as individuals, Dr. Benvenisty has earned a five-star patient experience rating, and his work with local patients has been chronicled in several newspaper articles in the city. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Benvenisty, patients are encouraged to contact our Manhattan office on Amsterdam Avenue.